How to prepare for your bridal boudoir photo shoot
A bridal boudoir photo shoot is an investment, that deserves planning and consideration. A pre-shoot preparation and beauty regime is key, in order to portray the best you!
- Schedule shoot two months prior to your wedding.
- Arrange for professional hair & makeup artist.
- Organise at least five outfits.
- Ensure that all outfits are steamed & hung inside a garment bag.
- Remove all tags and labels.
- Pack heels that will coordinate with all pieces.
- Ensure all props are packed; veil, engagement ring, garter, ivory stockings, perfume, jewellery, etc.
PRE-SHOOT BEAUTY REGIME
- Begin with a cleansing, toning and moisturising routine.
- Exfoliate in order to get rid of dead skin weekly.
- On the eve of shoot do not introduce any new products to avoid any adverse reaction.
- Detox the body, drinking at least eight glasses of water.
- For radiant skin, try to eat plenty of oily fish, avocado, sweet potato, nuts and seeds which offer skin-boosting benefits.
- Avoid too much alcohol so that your skin will remain hydrated.
- Eyebrow shaping and tinting to start at least three months prior to shoot.
- For fuller and longer lashes (mascara-free), book an eyelash extensions appointment prior to shoot.
- Manicure and pedicure eve of shoot.
- Hair cut and colour at least one week prior to shoot.
- Tanning is not recommended to apply less than two days to shoot. Remember less is more! Beautiful natural skin tones photograph beautifully.
- Don’t compromise on your sleep.